We believe that health is achieved through proper understanding of one's body, and that through teaching our patients they can maintain a healthy life.
Modern medicine has nothing to offer people with dementia.
Recently, medical articles have even exposed dementia drugs as progressing the disease. So it is imperative that we all adopt corrective Daily Life Style habits if we don't already practice them because it is diet and exercise that are proving to change Dementia's occurrence and course.
That's right.....you heard me correctly, if you don't want to develop Dementia you may have to correct the way you eat and exercise! And we know, the earlier we start to change, the better for your brain.
If you make the following habits your daily “mantras,” you will move away from Dementia and towards Optimal Aging.
We at NEWS encourage you to adopt as many of the following “Anti-Dementia” habits as you possibly can so you have a better chance of aging in place and experience your Elder Years as Golden Years.
Step on a scale. Keep your BMI below 24.9
Buy a pair of sneakers and use them daily! You need 150 minutes of moderate exercise weekly.
Eat a Keto-Flex diet 2 to 3 times weekly and do intermittent fasting minimally 12/3 hours daily.
Make sure you are getting quality sleep. You may need professional help with this and I don't mean drugs.
Check out the Bio-hack called Oura Ring
Cultivate a mentality of gratitude. Yoga, Tai Chi, Meditation, Float Chamber, Prayer
Evaluate your environment for toxins and eliminate them. You will need the help of your doctor to evaluate yourself for toxins
- Protein Pump Inhibitors (PPI's).
- Artificial sweeteners
- GMO foods because they are sprayed with glyphosates [Roundup].
- Foods containing nitrates and nitrites.
Maintain good Dental Health. See your dentist regularly. Mouth, gut, brain and heart health are all interrelated.
- It's our elder years when Glaucoma, Cataracts and Macular Degeneration start. Early intervention is always better.
Place your energy in those areas to reduce your risk from dying from the same thing. After all, you are related to them!
Know your Cardiovascular status and optimize it to help prevent heart attacks and stroke.
- This should also help evaluate your risk for Vascular Dementia.
- Obtain a Carotid Doppler with a Carotid Intimal Thickness at any age if you are at risk for Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) or if you have a family history of CVD.
- Obtain a Calcium Score starting at 50 years old or earlier if your cIMT is elevated or you have a family history of CVD.
- NEWS has been doing these tests routinely for our patients for the last three years.
Know the following genetics about yourself.
- Blood type and Rh.
- Apo E status and MTHFR 677 and 1298 status.
Know your A1c, Fasting Blood Sugar (FBS) and Fasting Insulin levels (FI).
- Keep them optimal at A1c < 5.5, FBS < 85, FInsulin <10
- Dementia has been called Diabetes Type 3 (DM3).
- Having Diabetes Type 2 (DM2) increases your risk of DM3 or Dementia 6 fold!
Optimize the following Biomarkers:
- hs CRP - Vitamin B12
- Hormones - Vitamin D
The physicians at NEWS are here to help individualize a care plan for your Optimal Aging.
Why wait until you have a disease to treat it? With Dementia, getting the disease is too late!
Prevention is easy once you know the way.